Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Incinerator


A friend linked me to Michael Deforge's Incinerator the other day. It's all up online here. He's "a Canadian comic book artist who works as an effects, props, and character designer on Adventure Time." I really like his style and how he's decided that some scenes need detail and some don't- like his street scenes are shaded and have things like broken bottles and are all rigid, and then a few pages later there'll just be patches of black to suggest bushes or just chairs without walls in the psychiatrist's office or wiggly lines for roads and footpaths. It seems like the more detail, the worse the scene is. It seemed kind of cruel to me so I didn't like it that much but I love his drawings heaps and want to read more by him.


No comments:

Post a Comment